Sunday, January 10, 2010


KXDF radio on.

(cell phone ringtone: "ring.ring.")

(cell phone ringtone: "ring.ring.")

Good morning nighttime!!!! This is Pat Path & welcome to the only show in talk radio that celebrates if not appropriates the concept, the act, & the lifestyle of cell phone communication while driving. DRIVER HELLO! if you can make a left turn while typing out a text message then don't touch that dial, this show is for you Mr. & Madame Multitasking America! what is up with these laws trying to penalize us for being productive, being communicative & getting things done! why, imagine if Gandhi had, had a cell phone! Future is now folks! & i see all y'all speeding around town tonight have a lot on your minds so lets get some things off our chests while are doing other things! I'll be hemming a pair of trousers & packing my kids' lunch while answering your calls!

& what are you doing? Driver Hello!

Driver 1:
Hey Pat! This is Kathy Cahill & I'm running some errands before driving down to Virginia beach on vacation tomorrow!

Pat Path:
Hey Kathy! I bet you'll be using your drive time to catch up on lots of things before hitting that beach right Kathy!

Driver 1:
You bet Pat! I have two conference calls scheduled & a couple of quick calls to my lawyer & mom to make too! I-95 is a straight shot & i see no reason not to get more done while there is such smooth sailing! Right Pat!

P.P.
That's right Kathy! Well enjoy the vacay & don't forget to also text at the station! KXDF Where the talk ain't cheap, its free! (your phone plan's texting fees may apply)

Sounds like Kathy has the right idea! & now our call board is really lighting up!

Driver Hello!

Driver 2:
WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! DRIVER HELLO! DRIVER HELLO!

P.P.
Hello there Driver! who are we hearing fro-

Driver 2:
WOOOOOO! I'm calling from a jet ski down at the marina!!!!! My name is Lee! WOOOOOOO!

P.P.
Well, Lee! You've just made KXDF history! I don't think anyone has called in while driving a jet ski!

Driver 2:
WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.
ha ha ha, sounds like someone is having a good time boys & girls!

Driver 2:
Pat! Pat! seriously, i don't know how people don't do everything while on the phone! WOOOOOOO!!!!!! it's like, it's like Star Trek but now! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Later dude, gotts to call my lady now! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

P.P.
Now that ladies & gents is a man who knows how to live! Ya'know, i heard Tom Cruise was on the phone with Katie Holmes while doing all his stunts for Mission Impossible! A nation of thrill seekers we are!

Driver Hello!

Driver 3:
Hey Pat Path, this is John Camdenson, first time caller long time listener. well, in between other calls that is!

P.P.
That's the spirit John!

Driver 3:
& well, i just gotta share the most amazing story with you & your listeners Pat.

P.P.
America is all ears tonight: uptown, downtown & crosstown!

Driver 3:
Great Pat, thanks, so I am the sales manager for Richmond Supplies servicing the entire Eastern Seaboard & therefore clock a lot of hours behind the wheel of my trusty Hyundai.

P.P.
Dependable car.

Driver 3:
yeah, she's a my trusty steed, anyway, I've a got a couple of little ones back home i don't get to see much & the other day. Pure coincidence i tell you! My ex-girlfriend called me up to read me the ol' riot act about something, almost wished i hadn't picked up, ya'know what I'm saying..., but she was holding our littlest one, Madison, & right in the middle of my ex's tirade Madison said "pants". Her first word Pat! Her first word! "pants"!

P.P.
Wow John, that's something else!

Driver 3:
I was the proudest Dad on I-80 I'll tell you that much! "PANTS!"

P.P.
There you have it folks, if that doesn't make the case for driving while talking on the phone then i don't know what will! Its official! My heart strings have been tugged, done & done.

& now I'm taking a look at the KXDF text message bank, lots of great texts coming in!

Jen P. texted in "Hello Driver Hello!"

Kevin texted in that there is a "tractor trailer flipped on rt 35". thanks Kevin, I'm sure a lot of our listeners will be grateful for that info! re-route! re-route!

& Lauren texted "I'm getting a ticket for speeding right now, sux". oooh, sorry to hear that Lauren! but don't let the man get you down! now lets take another call!

Driver Hello!

Driver 4:
Hey so I was thinking, this James by the way.

P.P.
Thanks for calling in James!

Driver 4:
Yeah sure thanks, so what if OJ had a cell phone when he was in that car chase in LA? Do you think he would have gotten away to Mexico or something because he could have cut a deal with the cops without having to stop?

P.P.
Um... Well James, I think that may have been possible? Although the LAPD are a smart bunch so they may have out smarted him anyway.

Driver 4:
Oh. (dial-tone)

P.P.
OK, well yet another example of creative minds at work! I sure wouldn't mind a trip to Mexico!

Driver Hello!

Driver 5:
Hi Pat!

P.P.
Well Hello Driver! What's your name sweetheart!

Driver 5:
Oh, this is Pamela Scott! & I just wanted to point out some useful examples why driving & using your cellphone is important.

P.P.
Well thanks Pamela! I'm sure our listeners would love to hear all about it!

Driver 5:
OK, so for example, i was on my way home from work & my mom called to tell me that she was working late & that i had to feed me & my brother so i called the pizza place & the pizza guy got to my house exactly 3 minutes after i got home! my brother was so psyched he did the dishes after & I didn't even have to ask him, & that like NEVER happens.

P.P.
Now that's what I call timing!

Driver 5:
Totally, OK & also, this other time when i was on my way to Six Flags & I was low on gas & was hoping to find an Exxon gas station so I just texted Google "exxon" & what road I was traveling on & they totally got back to me with 3 listings in like, half a second I swear.

P.P.
See, where would any of us be with out our cell phones on the road, indispensable!

Driver 5:
Totally! Shout out to Bethany & Terry & Cedar Fronds High School East!

P.P.
Thanks Pamela! Ok Drivers & Drivettes! That's all the time we have for tonight! Keep that peddle to the metal & that thumb to the send button! Driver Hello & Driver Goodnight!

***

1 comment:

  1. ah, cell phones and talk radio. so funny, so FRIGHTENING. horror scenarios cut off before they end badly.

    the tag labels at the end are priceless.

    ReplyDelete